Friday, July 17, 2009

What a tease!

So I can already tell this baby has a mind of his own! Late Tuesday night I thought maybe my water had broken. I waited for labor to start that night and all the next day, but nothing. I left a message w/ the nurse but she never called me back. I figured it probably hadn't broke, but I was still nervous that I would be the one where labor doesn't start, but then ends up w/ an infection.... so about 9:30 Wed. night Cody and I decided we should call the Doc on call and just tell them what was up. It was my Dr. on call and he wanted me to come in to be safe. Our nice neighbor came over to sit w/ Londyn since she was in bed already and we headed to the hospital. They did a couple of tests and everything turned out negative, but my blood pressure was a little high so they monitored me for another hour and then sent me home. Good times! An expensive tour of Labor and Delivery! So then last night I couldn't fall asleep, so I was just laying in bed and then contractions started at 11:50 and were coming every 5 minutes until about 1:15. Then they slowed down to every 7 minutes, and they never really hurt, so I just fell asleep hoping that they would wake me up again. But no, I woke up at 7:00 w/ no contractions. Oh well, hopefully I've at least progressed a little.

3 comments:

Amy said...

I think waiting early on is hard (waiting to feel the baby, waiting to hear the heartbeat, waiting to see that adorable little figure), but I can only imagine what it's like to wake up every day and think "huh, I might have a baby today....or I might take a walk to the park and have mac 'n cheese for dinner...." the suspense must be terrible.

Carol said...

Tell that baby not to tease anymore! He has to wait until after Tuesday so I can have my hair done, then he can come anytime he wants, just give me enough time to catch a flight- oh and it will be great if he doesn't come via c-section! Is that asking too much? I love him already, and he can do whatever he wants! Gramy:)

Tiffany Kay said...

HEY CHECK OUT MY FRIENDS ADORABLE BLOG FOR FLOWER HAIR CLIPS AND HEADBANDS + MORE!
www.pocketzfullofpoziez.blogspot.com