Thursday, June 18, 2009

Baby update

So I had an ultrasound yesterday. I was 33 weeks and 3 days. They took 4 measurements of him, his femur, head, abdomen and I can't remember the other one, but the average of the 4 measurements put him at 35 weeks and a couple days!! Oh and they guessed him to be 5'13"!! I know ultrasounds are usually a little generous and predict that they are bigger than they really are, so my dr. didn't get too, too excited. The only problem is, is that I want to do a VBAC. I had a c-section w/ Londyn and I want to try to deliver the normal way this time. My dr. is all for it, but he doesn't want to induce me. It's better for a person doing a VBAC to go into labor on their own. The risk is uterine rupture (scary!!) so if they use pitocin it can make the contractions too strong. So I think I'll be doing a lot of walking in the next few weeks and hope that I go into labor early on my own. If I still haven't had him as it gets closer to my due date, the more likely I'll have to have a repeat c-section, because of his size. So, we'll see!! I'm just anxious for him to get here. I want to see him! He was really wiggly during the ultrasound so I didn't get very good pictures. Only 2 sort-of ok profile shots.
But, overall I feel pretty ready for him. I have most of the stuff he'll need right away. Like pjs, onesies, binkies, blankets and bottles. His room is all ready (but like he'll even be in there!) and my mother in law is making new bassinet bedding for me so that's almost ready. I just need things for later, like bigger clothes, boy bibs, boy sippy cups, boy toys...pretty much all things BOY! I want to get some sort of swing too, cuz I know I won't be able to hold him all the time with a demanding 3 year old! Exciting times! Cody wants to start taking bets on when he'll get here. He thinks July 14th. I think July 20th (the actual due date is Aug 2nd). Who knows?!?!

4 comments:

jakenapril said...

all i know is that cole (my 3rd) was vbac after c-section (ashton, my 2nd). although i had scheduled a c-section for cole (thinking better safe than sorry) i actually ended up going into labor on my own and delivered my biggest baby 8lbs., 8 ozs. all in all it was easiest delivery of the 3. your doc is right...easier to be in labor. good luck!

Marianne said...

Good luck inducing labor! I have a swing that you are welcome to borrow.

Joanna McGuire said...

I am glad your appointment went well. I am excited to see that little boy too. I am jealous you have his room ready, I don't have my little girls room ready. I need to work on that. You can definitely come and visit at the hospital on the 29th if you would like, I would love it. Good luck with everything.

The Caple Crew said...

didn't you go into labor with Londyn ON her due date? Maybe it will happen again!