Monday, February 16, 2009

Valentine's day

We started V-day off with some yummy heart-shaped (and one bear) french toast! It was fun for it to be on a Saturday so we could spend the whole day with Cody.
Next, Cody and Londyn got to work on the 20 baked potatoes we had to make for dinner. She would "try" to poke them and then throw them into the pile of ones Cody had already poked. This is him trying to find Londyn's potatoes so he could really poke them! What a good little helper she was!! And dinner turned out AWESOME!!! Thanks to everyone who helped, it all turned out great! Any ideas of what to do with 11 left-over baked potatoes?! Well, I think I am down to 8!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

jakenapril said...

how fun! and i love that londyn was helping poke the potatoes. as for leftovers, twice baked potatoes, baked potato soup, or shepherd's pie (for the top). maybe even some funeral potatoes.

Heidi said...

This is one of our favorite soups - we definately don't make as much as it says - but YUM!
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Baked-Potato-Soup-I/Detail.aspx
PS We don't use that much butter or flour and I use skim milk and fat-free sour cream and it comes out great - but a little healthier...

Heidi said...

Also - you can shred your potatoes and freeze them and then pull them out when you want hashbrowns...

Paul*Cat*Hallie*Ty said...

Sadly I've never made baked potatoes. We are having a potato bar on Sun. to celebrate Hallie's birthday with the fam. Any tips? Oh and I know you are a cake decorating guru...could I maybe borrow some supplies? Just to do some fancy frosting tricks. I would love some advice. THX!!!

Sarah Smith said...

Congrats on baby #2!!!!!! That is so exciting! How are you feeling? I just looked through a bunch of your posts- I can't believe Londyn has been skiing! That is amazing! She is so brave! Hope you are doing well. Stay in touch! Miss you! PS- Do you know what you are having yet??