Tuesday, October 7, 2008

A change in direction

Just to give everybody a heads up: after much debate (and way too many last minute business trips) I've decided to shift gears and pursue a new career direction. Starting in a few weeks I'll begin work as a User Interface Designer for:




Backcountry is one the premier online retailers of outdoor gear and apparel, and is well known for their core nature and commitment to their customers. They have a great company, really sharp people, an awesome culture and a really flat management style that encourages employees to take risks and develop new programs and processes. I have really enjoyed my time at AMEDICA, but feel that I need to pursue more creative avenues and get into a more predictable schedule. I'm really excited for this new opportunity and a chance to work for a company that is so tied to the things I love. I'll keep everyone posted on how it goes.


Here's a little more info on what a UI designer does, and the principles of UI design.

8 comments:

Caprene said...

Cody - my cousin Nate Brunson works at Backcountry and loves it (or at least he did and he did the last time we talked about jobs.) Good luck! (this is Caprene by the way)

Shawnee said...

I'm so glad something like this worked out for you guys! Good luck!

Stephenson and Katie said...

Yay for linzy not being a single mom anymore :) but seriously, we're glad you'll be around more too! Good Luck!

Heidi said...

I love backcountry.com (my northface jacket was only $25 from there). They sell all sorts of things that I love! But congratulations on making the choice to be home more - now maybe we cna find time to get together. Happy days to you both!

Michelle said...

Congrats! Zacc and I are so excited for you (and personally I think Zacc would like to work someplace like that)! Good luck with the new job :)

Scott said...

Cody, look up Walt at backcountry.com. He's awesome. He's one of the developers there. Walt and I worked together years ago.

Chris and Tara said...

Good luck. We love anything having to do with the outdoors.

Nicki said...

Congrats! Hope this change treats you, and your family, well! It sounds like a great new adventure.