Sunday, August 31, 2008

HURRICANE GUSTAV

MONDAY UPDATE: Everyone is fine. The storm wasn't nearly as bad as they thought it would be. Whew! My family lives in Lake Charles, La and Houston and I think we got more rain in Salt Lake Sunday and Monday nights than they did. I hate hurricane season. I lived there for 18 years and never had to evacuate, so it's kinda weird to see so many hurricanes head toward Louisiana in the last few years.
Some of you may have heard about this massive storm brewing in the Gulf of Mexico. It has definately caught my attention because I am from Louisiana. My parents, brother, sister-in-law, niece, and nephew on the way all live there. And another brother and sister-in-law live in Houston. And an uncle, anut and cousins also live in SE Texas. I guess it's suppossed to make land fall on Monday sometime. It's pretty scary watching the news. I pray that my family and friends and their homes can be kept safe!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

You'll have to post once it is all over and let us know they all made it through!

Stephenson and Katie said...

Ahhh how scary! I"m glad that it didn't turn out as bad as it could have!! I hope your family is all okay! I'm SO sad that it's getting too cold to swim- we'll have to think of another reason to get together once a week :)

Val said...

So glad everybody's ok! That would be so nerve racking, knowing there's nothing you can do about it.