Sunday, January 31, 2010

"Sew" Happy

During the Christmas/New Year's break I found a couple of good fabric stores and did some fun projects!
I made this baby blanket and burp clothe for Cody's boss' wife, who just had their 3rd baby girl in January. I loved the fun bright colors.
Then I made 2 of these big pillows for our living room. The fabric was only $5/yard so both pillows were only like $8-$10 to make, including the stuffing.
And then we attempted to make a relaxed roman shade for the window above our tub. It turned out pretty good. It needs a little modification, but it was only about $20 to make vs. paying some one $200 (at least) to custom make one.

I'm still not that great at sewing, but I'm having fun learning as I go!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

jamirodana said...

You are way better than me at sewing:) Good job!

Carol said...

I think they are all beautiful- I can't wait to see them in person!

Joanna McGuire said...

Good job on your sewing, I stink at it. I love that baby blanket, they are way fun colors.

LDA said...

Cute blanket--I love the fun non-traditional colors! Pillows are on my project list right now! I just can't decide what fabric to use...

Katherine said...

Okay, so I know that we don't live in the same ward anymore but I'm dying to have one of your soft blankets/burp cloths for my new little boy when he comes! Think we could work something out?