Saturday, November 7, 2009

Baking with Sour Cream


Two of my favorite recipes call for sour cream, and they are YUMMY! So I thought I would share them.


Sour Cream Banana Bread
Cinnamon Sugar
3/4 C. Butter, softened (6T if 1/2ing the recipe)
3C. white sugar
3 eggs (2 if 1/2ing recipe)
6 ripe bananas
16 oz. sour cream
2 t. vanilla
2 t. cinnamon
1/2 t. salt
3 t. baking soda
4 1/2 C. flour

Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Dust greased pans ( I like to use mini loaf pans) with cinnamon sugar. Cream butter and sugar. Mix in eggs, mashed bananas, sour cream, and vanilla. Add salt, baking soda and cinnamon. Mix in flour one cup at a time. Bake 45-60 min (depending on your oven and loaf pan size).

Sour Cream Sugar Cookies

1 C. unsalted butter, softened
1 1/2 C. sugar
2 eggs
1 t. vanilla
5 C. flour
2 t. baking powder
1 t. baking soda
1/2 t. salt
1 C sour cream

Preheat over to 350 degrees. Cream butter with sugar. Add eggs one at a time, then vanilla. Sift dry ingredients together and add, alternating with the sour cream. Refrigerate dough (at least 30 min.). Roll out, cut out and bake 9-11 min. ( I usually do 9 min. because I like them soft!) Ice with Royal icing.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Chrissy Coonradt said...

Hey I tried a sour cream sugar cookie recipe a few weeks ago! Mine were sort of a disaster so I'm so glad you shared your recipe- those cookies look delicious! And I've had your banana bread before and I am so excited to try the recipe!!