Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Ode to the Binki

The binki has been with us since the day Londyn born and with her SECOND birthday coming up, I thought it was definately time to say byebye to the bink. About 6 months ago I started to only let her have it when she was in bed. Then about 2 weeks ago she had fallen asleep for her nap twice without the binki so I just took it away cold turkey. I told her it was all gone. Cody told her it went to Australia (???!). And she has been great with out it. Every now and then she will ask for it, but is ok when I tell her its gone. I think it has been harder on me. It was so easy to get her to go to sleep with it. She still sleeps well but now she will talk forever in her crib, where before she would just fall asleep. And not having it on our St. George trip was hard- when she wouldn;t fall asleep at the hotel. But, I'm glad it's gone!



Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Melissa and Nate said...

Way to go you guys! Claire, too, is a big lover of the bink. When she turned one, I only let her have it at nap and bed times and it went great. But I'm nervous about the day we have to take it away completely. You give me hope. Nice job!

Stephenson and Katie said...

I LOVE the new layout!! And congrats to Londyn on the binki- I can't wait to see pics from the bday party!

Jill said...

Hey Linzy! I didn't know you guys had a blog, so I am glad you left a comment on our's. Your blog is really cute by the way.

Gretchen said...

When I first read the title of your post I thought it said "Ode to the BIKINI...." haha

Paul*Cat*Hallie*Ty said...

Australia???? Cody is hilarious! Good for you guys, Londyn is a trooper- It's kinda nice when you can take it away. I was a thumb sucker for 11 yrs! YIKES!!! Still need to get a rainbow!!! What nights work for you guys?

Heidi said...

Hey - one of my co-workers had her daughter take all her binkis to Toys 'R Us and use them like money to buy herself a toy. Now when she wants a bink her mom tells her that she spent them :). What is even more funny is that the worker at Toys 'R Us looked at the mom - like what do I do with all her binkis (throw them a way smart one!).

Glad to see all is well - want to do dinner this Sunday?